Monday 2 January 2012

MUA Heaven & Earth Palette: Review & Swatches

Hello my lovelies, hope you all had a wonderful new year! 
One of my new years resolution is to make sure I try and blog regularly, so lets hope I can keep to this one! 
You can click here to read my first look at this palette, now to get onto the review and swatches .

All of the shadows are shimmer based, and as far as I can tell, the eyeshadows don't have actual names, so I've had to number them:


Lets look at the first half first;
1) A beautiful white shade, perfect for highlighting pale skin tones. I tend to use this lightly from the lid to the eyebrow, then go over again a bit more on the lid and brow bone as a base & highlight.
2) A bronzey brown colour, looks lighter in the pan though, it's great used lightly in the crease, very blendable and you can build the colour up nicely, although it's got great pigmentation, then again they all have! 
3) A gold, yellow based brown, looks green in the pan but it's definitely more yellow. A beautiful shade, but it doesn't really suit me, I'm afraid! 
4) A beautiful chocolatey brown, not as shimmery as the others, which is good in my opinion, great for a brown smokey eye.
5) A cappuccino brown, again not a lot of shimmer which I like, good for a natural eye look, in the crease.
6) Cream based highlight shade, I like to use this on my lids with no. 5 in the crease, really beautiful.

Now for the second half; 
7) A pink based cream, looks more pink based on the skin. Really beautiful colour and great as a highlight.
8) Another chocolatey brown, but darker than no. 4 in the other half. Again great for a brown smokey eye.
9) Orangey copper colour, again I haven't tried this out on my eyes because it doesn't look very nice on me, in my opinion.
10) A mauvey shade, really love this! I often wear it in the crease with no. 6 from the other palette on the lid too.
11) a more yellow based chocolate brown that no. 8 but a gorgeous colour none the less!
12) A darker mauvey colour than no. 10, and is one of my favourite shades of this palette, I don't know if it's possible to be in love with a colour, but I think I am! 


All in all,  it's a really great palette for the money, I've seen a lot of reviews that compare this as a cheaper version of the Urban Decay palette, however I've never used it so I can't say myself. This palette has suprisingly good pay off and pigmentation for the price, great for people who love neutral shadows, or for someone who wants to try them out but doesn't want to spend extortionate amounts on money. 

RRP: £4
Can be found here on the superdrug website or here on the MUA website

Thanks for reading, my next post will be on the MUA Starry Night palette, until next time,
love love
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment