Monday 13 January 2014

L'Oreal: False Lash Flutter Mascara Review

L'OREAL_FALSE_LASH_FLUTTER_MASCARA_BLACK
Hello my lovlies!
I have a little review today of the L'Oreal False Lash Flutter Mascara in Black.
Now this mascara has been about for a little under a year I think? But I never really noticed it before, which seems strange as I'm normally like a magpie when it comes to shiny things! 
Now this mascara is supposed to be based around a butterfly, by it being called 'flutter' and the wing shaped brush and L'Oreal says it has 'butterfly fibres'. Which is a posh way of saying it's a fibre mascara ;) With all the butterfly references, it was hard to not buy it! I've never tried a L'Oreal mascara before, but I've always admired the fancy packaging and was quite excited to try this one! 

L'OREAL_FALSE_LASH_FLUTTER_MASCARA_BLACK

L'OREAL_FALSE_LASH_FLUTTER_MASCARA_BLACK
Look! I've never seen a mascara brush like it! 

Now, normally, I go for a waterproof formula as my eyes can get quite watery, from allergies, and the wind, plus I'm a bit of am emotional person :P However, when I got caught it 1 minute-ish of torrential rain going from car to workplace, it didn't stream my face at all! Only a bit of a transfer onto my finger when trying to tidy myself up in the loos! I found that pretty impressive! As for wear throughout the day, I can't really complain, I get 1 or 2 specs on my face during the day but it's barely noticeable, it doesn't smudge, and despite being a bit of a wetter constancy than I normally prefer, it dries super quick. 
Time for photos! 

Here are my naked lashes, that have been curled and I tightlined my waterline. They aren't the shortest of lashes, but then again not really the longest.

L'OREAL_FALSE_LASH_FLUTTER_MASCARA_BLACK_SWATCH
Here are my lashes with one coat, I so so so love this mascara! Look how fab they look! So long and it nicely wings out my outer lashes to make them more.. fluttery I guess!


L'OREAL_FALSE_LASH_FLUTTER_MASCARA_BLACK_SWATCH

Here are my lashes with 2 coats, they don't look too different, just a bit thicker :) I prefer only to use one coat really! The formula dries so quick and look perfectly fine with one coat so I just apply it then go! 

So to round it up;
Pros: 
-Lengthens and thickens without looking clumpy
-Dries quickly
-Doesn't smudge
-Seems waterproof
-Lasts well throughout the day

Cons:
-The formula is quite wet, which might not be for everyone
-The price, it's £10.99 which I deem as quite a bit for a 'drugstore' mascara!

Overall, would I repurchase? I do love this mascara, but I'm not sure about the price, if it was on offer, I'd buy it straight away! So I may carry on the search for the perfect mascara that's a little cheaper, and wait for this one to be at a nicer price ;) It's such a shame though, this would be my perfect mascara if it weren't for the price :( 

It is available in four different colours, Black, Midnight Blacks Extra Black, Blue and 
Purple, and you can get them at Boots and Superdrug for £10.99
I hope you found this helpful :) 
Have you tried this mascara? What is your perfect mascara?
Until next time! 
xoxox.


No comments:

Post a Comment