Monday 27 January 2014

L'Oreal: Eversleek Shampoo & Conditioner Review

L'Oreal_Eversleek_Shampoo_Conditioner


Hello my lovlies! Today I have for you review of the L'Oreal Eversleek shampoo and conditioner. :)
Now, I ran oout of my beloved Tresemme Platinum Strength and I thought, might as well try something new! And this was I think half price in Sainsbury's? I was pretty excited because I've seen about that sulphates are bad for your hair and stuff so I thought, why not?  

I've used this combo for about a month now, and it's got to the point where I just couldn't carry on using it. The first thing you notice is that they smell amazing, and the smell really stays in your hair, but really, and the top of my hair would be shiny on the first day, but that's about all the good points I can find. I noticed my hair would be sort of greasy looking on the second day, so that 'shine' I was having on the first day just made it look greasy by the next day. Now normally, I can go 3 days without washing my hair, maybe 4 with a little help from dry shampoo!
It also made my ends so so so dry, it became unbearable. Even with the help of hair serum, it would just look awful, and I normally have my hair down for work so it made me very conscious! At first I thought, 'maybe it's because I'm putting some of the shampoo in the ends, I wont do that next time!' Did it help? Nope! It still looked dry, and my ends became split, frizzy and I was getting A LOT of breakages.
This duo is supposed to be for 'frizzy, overworked hair' but it just made my hair in more of a worse condition, when I was finally starting to be quite pleased with how my hair was looking condition wise! Even other people were noticing how dry my hair looked. I tried my intensive conditioners, I tried a argan oil hair mask, but it still looked dry! 
So, I'm a bit bewildered really, if this is a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner, then why is it so drying?! Considering it's supposed to be the sulphates that dry out your hair! :( 
I've now had to revert back to my Tresemme, and after two washes I can already see an improvement, although my hair is still suffering! 
So lets try and some this up;

L'Oreal_Eversleek_Shampoo_Conditioner
Pros:
-Smells AMAZING.
-Leaves and amazing shine on freshly washed hair.

Cons:
-Very drying
-The 'shine' from the first day becomes more greasy on the second day.
-Does NOT do what it says it does; there is no way that it's nourishing, or smooths.

All in all, I hate giving a bad review, but there's not really anything else I can say that's positive, unfortunately! Perhaps if I had thicker hair I would get a better result? I don't know, it's supposed to be good for even 'delicate' hair and mine is very fine, so I would of thought it would be classed as delicate? 
I think I'll just mix the conditioner with another one to not waste it, I don't think I'll risk the shampoo again though. Maybe I got a bad batch? Who knows.

You can find them pretty much anywhere for from about £3.99 to £5.99

Have you tried this product? If so how did you get on with it?

Until next time! 
xoxoxo.





No comments:

Post a Comment