Sunday 6 May 2012

Models Own: Indian Ocean and Blue Purple Mini Review & Swatches.

Hello my lovlies! Today I'm sharing with you 2 polishes from the Beetle Juice Collection by Models Own.

Indian Ocean is a beautiful blue iridescent shade with pink and gold duochrome. Purple Blue is a glass flecked mutichrome consisting of purple, blue (as the name suggests) copper and pink too.

Indian Ocean is unfortunately rather sheer and takes quite a few coats to build it up (this is with 3 and still sheer) however, it is a great layering shade. 


I'd seen on another blog (I'm not sure of the name now, if you could let me know that would be fab!) how layering Indian Ocean of blue and pink made a real difference so I thought I'd demonstrate that for you too.
On the left is Natural Collections Topaz and E.L.F's Fair Pink on the right.

The one on the left is with the Fair Pink underneath, it really brings out the blue! And on the left wis with Topaz (you can't see how glittery it looked in person.) And with normal Indian ocean in the middle as a comparison.

This polish is thick enough to carry itself opaquely in 3 coats. In some lights it can look like it's a brown with blue glitter, but get it out in the sun and it just looks beautiful! 

All in all, these polishes are little beauties! A great addition to any collection, can't wait to wear Indian Ocean in the summer! 

I bought these 2 for £8 in Boots, and you can find them on the Models Own website.









2 comments: